While wandering into my kitchen this morning, I had the craziest craving for a delicious energizing muffin! However, I couldn’t think of which ones to make… Banana or blueberry? After looking through my pantry I found a bag of dried fruit and assorted nuts. Trail mix would be a great treat for the children I thought. Then it hit me, Trail mix muffins! So I gathered all of the ingredients and alerted the children, who of course were thrilled. Even as I type this, they are devouring the muffins with a healthy glass of milk. My family and I give my muffin recipe 5/5 stars. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Please leave comments/ suggestions, I would be delighted to hear from you. If anyone has a favorite muffin recipes that I can share with my family please leave a link.
– 3 cups self rising flour (organic or your preference)
– 1 cup milk (organic or your preference)
– 1 cup natural dried fruit (if you have a sweet tooth add 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips)
– 1/2 cup chopped nuts
– 1/3 cup 100% pure natural vegetable oil
– 3 eggs
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup sugar (if you enjoy sweet muffins add 1 cup sugar)
Utensils/ Cooking appliances
– Handheld mixer and blades
– Rubber scrapping spatula
– 1 Ice cream scooper (An ice cream scooper helps make sure the muffins are the same size)
– Muffin/ cupcake papers
– 1 large mixing bowl
– Measuring cups
– Cupcake/ muffin pan(s)
– Cooling rack (optional)
– Large mixing bowl
– 1 sifter (optional)
~ Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and place cupcake papers into pan.~
1.) Sift your flour
2.) Combine all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. I like to use my rubber scrapping spatula to mix my dry ingredients evenly.
3.) Add your liquid ingredients. Beat the mixture on medium high until the batter is a thick/creamy consistency.
4.) Add your dried fruit and nuts to the mixture. Fold the fruit and nuts with the rubber scrapping spatula into the batter.
5.) Use your ice cream scooper to spoon the batter into the cupcake pan.
6.) Place the cupcakes into your preheated oven for 15 minutes or until muffins are a golden brown.
7.) Once muffins are finished baking, sweep with butter for extra moist muffins.
8.) Place muffins on a cooling rack, once cooled enjoy with your family.
When I am having a busy day the last thing I want to do is make a large lunch for myself. So my go to lunch is usually quick salads, with garlic bread, or without. My favorite salad recently is the Avocado spinach salad with my on added ingredients. I love experimenting with salads and adding my own fruits and vegetables to the mix. If anyone has any suggestions on salads I can try please leave a comment.
– 2 cups organic baby spinach
– 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
– 1/4 carrot sliced
– 1/3 cup sliced avocado
– 1/4 cucumber sliced
– 1 boiled organic egg
– 2 tbsp salad dressing of your choice
* Tips: Slice your avocado in half. To separate, gently grip the two halves and pull them apart. Save the pit of your avocado for my upcoming blog post.
* Quick facts: Did you know the avocado is actually a fruit, and not a vegetable! learn more at
~ Zyliss Utility knife (I Highly recommend this to every one)
~ Cambridge dinnerware (take advantage of the current sale 23% off)
~ Gibson Dinnerware (The 14k gold set is no longer available, however Gibson makes excellent dinnerware!)
This first blog post is just the beginning of many post. Before I begin I would like to break down the content that will be on my blogging site. Within this blog I really want to focus on content that you the reader as well as I enjoy. So please feel free to leave request, as well as participate in the weekly polls, which will be derived from the request and comments I receive.
The categories on my site will include (but are not limited to)…
– Organic Living:
~ Gardening techniques as well as tutorials on how I maintain my little patch of Earth.
~ Review on various organic products, as well as a haul…or two 😉
*As I embark on this life change please do not hesitate to educate me on what you guys know about living organically.
– Kitchen creations: Cooking has always been a passion of mine. I cant wait to share that passion with you!
~ Recipes and cooking tutorials
~ Bi- weekly reviews
~ Holiday/ party meal planning
~ Kitchen organization tips
– Home Management: As a single mother task around the house can pile up. Learn how I simplify these and make life easer for my family.
~ Home maintenance (repairs & up keeps)
~ House management binder setups
~ DIY tutorials
– Parenting: This category will contain all things related to parents.